Charity: Policy Centre for African Peoples Location: Lambeth
Part-time: 8 hours a week Duration: 3 years
Salary: Above London living wage, £13 per hour Start date: 29 Jan. 2020
Reports to: Project Director
Application deadline: 21st January 2020 Interviews: 23rd and 24th Jan
Policy Centre for African Peoples (PCAP) is a charity working to enable disadvantaged people to improve their lives through education. www.policycap.org
BEFit4Life is a Young Londoners Fund 3-year project to support 150 young people aged 16-21 who are not in education, employment or training (NEET), or who are at risk of becoming NEET and getting involved in crime in the boroughs of Lambeth, Wandsworth and Barking. The project, delivered by PCAP, Business Launchpad and Generation Success, offers a holistic support package of business support, advice and opportunities for careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and an introduction to healthy lifestyles through innovative fitness, motivational and personal development programmes.
A dynamic person is needed to assist Policy Centre for African Peoples (PCAP) in co-ordinating the BEFit4Life activities, reaching out to young participants, and keeping them engaged in the programme. Key responsibilities include:
• Liaising with the various project partners and stakeholders;
• Assisting the project director with the monitoring and evaluation of the programme;
• Following up with young participants to ensure that they actively take part in the project activities, and remain engaged and enthusiastic;
• Producing outreach communications and fulfilling set outreach targets;
• Assisting in the delivery of motivational, fitness and personal development activities;
• Additional tasks as assigned by the project director.
Level of Skills/ Experience:
This is a flexible position that would be ideal for a candidate looking for part-time work. You will be operating from PCAP’s office in Lambeth, with occasional events and travel to Wandsworth and Barking. All travel expenses outside your office location will be reimbursed. We are seeking someone who:
• Easily connects with young people and treats them with empathy and compassion;
• Has motivation and passion for supporting disadvantaged and at-risk young people;
• Is reliable in terms of implementing agreed actions;
• Has outstanding communication and outreach skills;
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, and can work in close collaboration with colleagues and a wide variety of project partners, participants and stakeholders.
Opportunities for further paid work, training and development will be offered to the right candidate.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role.