Policy Centre for African Peoples is a dynamic and innovative charity driven by the belief that education is the best tool disadvantaged people can have to improve their lives. We are seeking 2-4 Trustees who are passionate about using education, leadership development and social engagement as catalysts for personal and collective improvement.
We are transitioning from a volunteer-run organisation to a charity with a growing team of paid staff. We are, therefore, eager to attract Trustees with the ability to:
- Oversee the policies and procedures that will enable us to build a solid transparency and accountability foundation;
- And/ or the fundraising skills that will provide us with the financial means necessary to sustain our long-term growth.
We are seeking candidates with the following competencies:
- Commitment to our mission to improve disadvantaged people’s lives through education;
- Enthusiasm about contributing to the development and management of a small charity;
- Strong strategic and critical thinking;
- Ability to identify opportunities and detect potential risks or challenges;
- And willingness to devote the necessary time and efforts to their duties.
We would particularly welcome applications from candidates with one or more of the following experiences:
Desirable – Experience of fundraising from trusts and foundations or individual donors for a charity;
Desirable – Recent (or current) experience of education or community engagement;
Desirable – Experience at management level in a charity.
The commitment required is up to 4 hours per month, including quarterly meetings, usually in central London.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to our Director: sbradwell[@]policycap.org by 20th March 2020.
For an informal chat or to discuss what being a Trustee for us involves, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call with our Director.
We are a welcoming, dedicated and fast-growing team that is making a very positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged people in the UK through education. Working with us is a uniquely rewarding experience, filled with exciting challenges, innovative thinking and laughter.
We will offer you:
- A values-led culture that will enable you to thrive as a Trustee;
- Many opportunities for growth and development;
- Flexible and remote working – you will be in total control of when and how you work as a Trustee.